The proliferation of sensor technology in Exploring and Production (E&P) industry means that each oil field can generate huge numbers of unique data points. Upstream operations are particularly complex, involving both structured and unstructured data that multiplies exponentially every day.
Once hydrocarbons are extracted, processed and delivered, the downstream petroleum industry creates products that meet the consumer in the form of gasoline for cars and natural gas and oil for home heating. The processed hydrocarbons also create building block components for a wide range of wholesalers, commercial and industrial customers that convert the raw products into thousands of end products used in consumer households.
To effectively deliver hydrocarbons to their final users, organizations need coordinated analytics solutions for demand forecasting, facility integrity and reliability, and customer intelligence.
Across the Oil & Gas value chain, we help our clients with the digital transformation and business analytics journey. We span the entire transformation process with deep expertise in deploying next-generation Data and Digital capabilities.
We offer following consulting services:
- Data Integration, Master Data Management for Upstream, Midstream and Downstream firms
- Systems and data migration during Merger and Acquisition
- Analytics and Insight-driven capabilities needed to achieve Operational Excellence, Exploration and Production Optimization, Predictive Asset Maintenance, Effective Capital Allocation, Demand Forecasting and Customer Intelligence
- Digital Transformation including Cloud Applications Integration, Mobility, Electronic Content Management and Technology Modernization
- Custom Reports and Dashboards Examples of some of the Analytics services that we provide, are as follows
Exploration and Production Optimization
- Capturing and analyzing data from various sources including sensors that will lead to improved exploration efforts, oil recovery, drilling accuracy, project delivery and equipment maintenance and safety.
- Optimizing exploration and production and hence enhance operational efficiency by improving the quality of data and integrating relevant data from multiple monitoring and surveillance systems across all geology, geophysics and reservoir engineering disciplines into a unified view and automating all critical pre-processing tasks
- Increasing decision support across disparate upstream disciplines by using data mining to create accurate predictive and descriptive models based on enterprise data collected from geology, geophysics, petrology and reservoir engineering.
Predictive Analytics on Field Assets
A fool-proof predictive maintenance solution, which is known to be 40 percent more cost effective than a reactive maintenance program, can significantly reduce operational cost for an upstream firm.Various sources and forms of data, including basic historical maintenance records and other information, can help operators detect and diagnose the root causes of poor performance and limit unplanned downtime.
Expedien can help you accomplish these goals by:
- Creating a single, consistent information source.
- Accessing, standardizing and consolidating all relevant information regardless of location or format.\
- Reducing maintenance costs and work hours. Optimize maintenance plans and schedules and track work orders and resource usage through a single, integrated system.
- Gaining a big-picture view of performance. Developing, monitoring and measuring KPIs via a Web portal that shows how well maintenance plans are working at any point in time.
- Prioritizing assets for maintenance, making the most of planned shutdowns, and monitoring costs and completions.
- Ensuring ongoing performance improvements.
- Building knowledge management dashboard – benchmark standards, best practices, maintenance history, regulatory guidelines, and so on.
Once hydrocarbons are extracted, processed and delivered, the downstream petroleum industry creates products that meet the consumer in the form of gasoline for vehicles and natural gas and oil for home heating.
Demand Forecasting For Refining
Refining companies can achieve better ROI on legacy IT investments by maximizing the use of data and strategic analytics. Expedien can help you build Analytics solutions for demand forecasting by
- Performing accurate, demand-driven forecasts at any hierarchical level. By tailoring the forecasting model to the type of data available, refiners can gain a true picture of demand that relies not only on historical demand data, but also includes consumer signals, consumption data and market indicators such as price, promotions and weather
- Building Interactive dashboards that provide the ability to monitor, track, alert and report on forecast performance metrics.
- Generating consensus forecasts with gap analysis and strategy reporting across all business units. Meeting financial goals can be coordinated across business units – if the right hand knows what the left is doing and downside surprises are minimized.
Expedien team has extensive experience in building customer analytics solutions for downstream Oil & Gas firm that can help you:
- Find the most profitable growth opportunities through greater understanding of customer and market behavior, sentiment and influences.
- Take the best marketing actions by determining which combination of activities will get the most value of out of each customer interaction and generate the highest returns.
- Maximize cross-business impact by gaining insight into customer activity and aligning that with your business strategy to improve organizational performance, build stronger customer relationships and deliver exceptional customer value.