Pharmaceutical and Life Sciences organizations rely greatly on data to drive decisions on product planning and positioning. Historically, this data has been largely fragmented and distributed across various data sources such as legacy systems, hospital data records, physician notes, clinical trials systems, sales and marketing databases, products data, customer data, research data, and more. With advances in technology, pharmaceutical and life sciences organizations are now able to tap into different types of data – machine data from servers, social data from Facebook and Twitter, clickstream data from websites, voice logs from call centers, communication data from e-mails, data generated from sensors and wearable devices, and so on.
Pharmaceutical organizations can leverage big data and analytics in a big way to drive insightful decisions on all aspects of their business from product planning, design, manufacturing to clinical trials to enhance collaboration in the ecosystem, information sharing, process efficiency, cost optimization and drive competitive advantage. At Expedien we focus on delivering business value through insights and predictive models as well as driving efficiencies in data investments through consolidation, integration, enhancing, enriching and monetization of data.
Expedien Pharma and Life Sciences practice offer the following services including but not limited to the following:
- Enterprise Data Assessment and Roadmap Services.
- Master Data Management – Assessment and build master data management systemincluding customer, and material
- Data Quality and Data Governance Services –Establishment of repeatable data quality framework and data governance process and standards.
- Data Integration – Data integration from various ERP, CRM and other internal/external systems and applications
- Enterprise Data Warehouse – Data Warehouse to support enterprise reporting and external data integration with third parties including MedPro, specialty pharmacies, AMA, and other pharmaceutical data source providers.
- Business Analytics – Data exploration, analysis, and big data science driven predictive and prescriptive analytics solutions which help in responding to the following key trends in the pharmaceutical industry:
- Enhance reporting systems – To meet the changing regulatory compliance needs more effectively and in a timely manner
- Reduce cycle-times for clinical trials – Through better insights driven by improved accuracy of analytics
- Visualization – Renew focus on understanding the underlying business data and generating analytical insights using latest business intelligence (BI) visualization tools
- Drug discovery analytics – Enables scientists to source scientific findings and insights from external labs or internal knowledge to jump start discovery which will in turn help reduce cycle time for product development aiding faster go-to-market
- Supply disruptions predictive analytics – Building predictive models using a combination of internal and external data would help reduce unforeseen shortages in availability of drugs impacting customer service levels and lost sales revenues
- Product failure analytics – Via root cause analysis and predictive analysis of product failures (vendor data)
- Risk analytics – For evaluation of potential risks posed by elemental impurities in a formulated drug product
- Digital channel analytics / social analytics – To more fully understand customer perceptions about their products which helps in proactively fixing product issues or managing communication better