Increased Profitability, Improved Supply Chain, Shortened Sales Cycle – A Leading Chemical Company
The client is a global manufacturer and supplier of petrochemicals and fabricated products. The client wanted to increase profitability by reducing costs such as transportation markedly, improving demand forecasts, shortening sales cycle time, lowering cash requirements, and boosting agility. In addition, the client wanted to gain insight into key performance indicators and maximize its client and suppliers’ satisfaction levels by sharing accurate information in real time.
- A very high volume of scattered historical & transactional data from various source systems including SAP, Supply Chain, Transportation and CRM systems
- Highly scattered data and many improvable processes made it challenging for executives to determine where they should focus their limited time and resources
- Real-time synchronization of Purchase orders, Sales orders and Inventory across SAP, the data repository, supply chain, CRM and other systems
- No insight into transportation logistics such as transit, unloading time of Rail Cars etc.
- The information available was insufficient to produce key business performance indicators, and perform impact & cross-functional analysis to improve processes and profitability
- Connected the supply chain from end to end. The client was able to track details on materials in the supply chain, manufacturing equipment, and process control reliability, and individual items being transported to customers
- Identify and proactively respond to problems in ways that increase efficiency and address customers’ needs
- Greater than 25% increase in the accuracy of inventory and sales forecasts helped to lower excess inventory costs; automated consolidation of sales data saves considerable time versus manual processes
- Greater than 40% savings in transportation cost given the client receive real-time insight into transit and unloading time of materials by its customers and made appropriate cost adjustments
- Improved pricing decisions based on a multitude of variable factors, such as the cost of raw materials, exchange rates, utility costs, competitors’ prices, market demand, and so on
- An integrated single view of material, vendors, suppliers and customers of the client
- Real-time information and several key analytics reports available across the enterprise
- A scalable Business Intelligence system is available to incorporate current and upcoming future needs seamlessly
- Built cross-functional data transparency, data standardization and data consistency across the enterprise
- Designed and developed a comprehensive data integration, data warehousing, and real-time data exchange platform for data from various sources including SAP, Supply Chain, Transportation, CRM, and several legacy systems
- Built a data-driven sales process with real-time data integration among SAP, Salesforce, and other systems.
- Design and developed an enterprise business intelligence and analytics system leveraging both structured and unstructured data