Oracle E-Business Implementation for a Manufacturing and Drilling Company
The client is the leading provider of mineral exploration drilling services and drilling products in the world. Firm’s business goals include increasing revenue, lowering cost and optimizing fixed assets.
They decided to implement Oracle E-Business ERP implementation across the enterprise globally. They needed to filter the relevant data from several legacy source systems, and migrate meaningful data to Oracle E-Business suite globally in a phased manner.
- Poor data quality across multiple systems was a big challenge
- The organization faced major problems with the order of cash, financial reporting and reconciliation, supply chain integration, visibility, and operational efficiency
- Each functional area had its own unique systems, processes, and data standards, making it virtually impossible to coordinate activities and operate an efficient supply chain
- The organization had several disparate legacy systems and there was no single view of data.
- Significant downtime of systems and loss of business value
- Delay in effective decision making because of lack of consistent data and availability
- Oracle E-Business ERP was implemented successfully with the budget and timeframe
- The company saved $18 million through reduced inventory and improved demand planning after the consolidation of various systems and availability of single view of information across the enterprise
- Increased collaboration among various teams & departments
- Significant cost reduction by faster sales cycle and customer management
- Optimized procurement
- The organization chose to implement an Oracle e-Business Suite of applications across the enterprise
- Performed Data Quality Assessment and assisted in setting up data quality strategy for before and after go live
- Performed data migration from disparate legacy systems to Oracle E-Business Suite Applications
- Developed Interfaces to Oracle E-Business Suite
- Modules implemented were Oracle Financials, Oracle HRMS, Oracle Order Management, Oracle Procurement, Oracle Inventory and Oracle Enterprise Asset Management
- Developed data repositories for business continuity and regulatory reporting in parallel to Oracle E-Business Suite implementation
- Enterprise business intelligence and analytics system