Leveraging Big Data Analytics and Data Management To Better Drug Development Process, Optimize Procurement and Sales Cycle
The client is a $2.5+ Billion global life science company with offices in North America, Europe and Asia Pacific. Company’s growth strategy is through acquisition. Goals were to improve efficiency, increase profitability and optimize use of resources. Their objective was to develop actionable insight to improve the drug development process, create a single master data format for all to share (one version of the truth), establish clear and enforceable master data governance, drive towards 90% standard processes and move towards a customer centric model.
- 113+ source systems
- Data was fragmented across multiple systems and this delayed the ability to get the right information in a timely manner and make business decisions
- Incomplete data. Bad data
- Extensive manual data manipulation before data could become useful
- Lack of ability to take corrective actions in a timely manner.
- Long clinical trials with poor outcome
- Long sales cycles
- Inefficient and expensive procurement cycles
- Paying too much for the result; getting too little in return
- Struggle with regulatory reporting and compliance
- Enhanced data accuracy, timeliness, and completeness and hence ability to take actions based on true insights.
- Ability to make informed decisions during the drug development process because of timely availability of high quality relevant data and hence increase in probability of success at every step in drug development/product’s life cycle
- 360 view of material/products, supply chain integration with SAP, and hence optimized procurement process
- 360 view of customer, real time information integration of CRM system with SAP and hence shortened sales cycles
- Ability to track customer interactions for entire sales lifecycle
- Easy workflow based automated regulatory reporting and compliance
- A system with the ability to optimize design, execution, and management of clinical trials was built
- Scientific and operational data collected during clinical trials was integrated with millions of patient records, and population data to make a holistic view of data available to the stakeholders
- Expedien utilized its Business Value – Data management methodology to extract the data from multiple heterogeneous sources into a data repository, conducted data workshops and built reusable data quality routines to cleanse the data and data governance roles
- Once the data was cleansed, a comprehensive data integration platform and data lake were built to accelerate reporting both in real and near real time.
- Real time alert workflows were built to provide meaningful information and reminders to relevant users for regulatory reporting compliance.
- Complex event based workflows manage the critical task of monitoring and delivering alerts to key stakeholders to take necessary action.
- Real time integration of data from various supply chain legacy systems to SAP and Salesforce